Career Level: Mid Level ( 2+ – 4 years experience)
Employment Type: Full time
Start Date: June 1, 2020
Salary: As per the scale of the organization
About DOT Tanzania
We support #DOTYouth to become digital ambassadors, social innovators, and community leaders who impact the lives of community members through entrepreneurship, digital, and job skills training, and by launching their own social innovations. #DOTYouth also works closely with local Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) institutions to integrate digital tools into classrooms.
The Gender officer is responsible for mainstreaming gender in DOT Tanzania’s program activities and advises the Country Director and Senior Managers in developing supporting policies and program strategies. She/he is a focal person for all gender-related activities in the organization and provides support to field staff and partners organization in their gender mainstreaming activities.
- Support the development of program statements, to be endorsed by senior management, which provides а framework and strategy for the country program оn gender mainstreaming.
- Conduct а gender audit and analysis in order to develop an evolving gender strategy and dynamic approach for gender mainstreaming.
- Gather evidence from DOT Tanzania staff, interns, and partner organizations at all levels, as well as participants about gender and entrepreneurship, and the business environment that affects women.
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed gender objectives and strategies.
- Set priorities for the country program in terms of gender mainstreaming.
- Ensure the appropriate allocation of time and resources for gender and development matters in the organization.
- Assess risks in terms of implementing gender-related interventions.
- Identify regional and international good practices in supporting women business startups and share in knowledge and experience sharing platforms.
- Assist Program teams and field officers in promoting gender and development activities in capacity building programs.
- In collaboration with the learning and program manager prepare capacity development activities and training manuals, gender mainstreaming guidelines or tools, and other relevant documents/publications.
- Facilitate gender and business development courses, workshops, and training.
- Contribute to the collection, processing, and dissemination of effective gender mainstreaming practices to support the implementation of programs.
- Coordinate and network with stakeholders, partners, and other institutions working on gender and development.
- Represent the organization in gender-related platforms.
- Create and/or facilitate the creation of promotional materials and messages in relation to women entrepreneurs learning and success stories.
- Ensure regular reporting and communications against gender equality strategic objectives and targets.
- Work with stakeholders and partners to ensure a common understanding of expectations, deliverables, complementarities, and risks.
- Support program manager in the strategic communications plan and production of publications and regular reporting activities in cooperation with the communications teams, field staff as well as external resources.
- Ensure that regional plans, budgets, and reports sufficiently capture gender-related objectives and results of program interventions.
- Communicates effectively with staff, interns, and partners to identify needs and develop alternatives business solutions supporting women.
Monitoring, evaluation, and learning
- Coordinate with DOT Tanzania М&Е team and ensure that women’ specific targets аrе properly and regularly monitored.
- Support the M&E team in monitoring and evaluation plans to track the results of our programs оп women entrepreneurs and digital inclusion.
- Maintain regular interaction with partners and stakeholders for feedback and suggestions оп project implementation, programming, and program effectiveness.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Development & Gender studies, Social Sciences, or related field.
- At least 3 years’ direct experience in the area;
- Knowledge and exposure to a range of gender and development issues and the ability to evaluate and integrate gender equality strategic objectives into broader program strategies.
- Experience of working in NGOs, public and private sector development;
- Strong research and analytical skills as well as writing and communication skills in English.
- Experience and/ or capacity as a trainer/ facilitator
- Good interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience in urban programs, youth, and women economic empowerment;
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in oral and in writing, work independently and as part of the team, and work effectively with co-workers, partner agencies and the private sectors;
What DOT Offers:
- Competitive salary and benefits package;
- Opportunities for professional growth and development;
- Opportunity to make a real difference for youth and women around the world;
- Opportunity to work with a dynamic international team committed to youth and systems change.
How to apply
To apply, please send a copy of your resume(2 pages maximum) and cover letter to email@example.com, with the subject line ”Gender Officer Application”.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you receive no communications from us by 1st June 2020 Please know your application was not successful.
DOT is an equal opportunity employer and accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Apply by May 15, 2020
Please note that interviews will be held on an ongoing basis during the application period, and the position may be filled before the posted deadline.